1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cricket flour*
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 pkg 12 oz choc chips
*To make cricket flour, you will need about 50 adult crickets. Follow steps 1-3 & 5 as for the choc chirpie recipe above. Then whizz the dry-roasted crickets in the blender for cricket flour.
- Mix flour, cricket flour, baking soda and salt
- Cream butter and sugar (10 minutes) then mix in egg and vanilla essence till just blended
- Stir in dry ingredients to form stiff cookie dough.
- Stir in choc chips
- Drop rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet
- Bake at 350 deg F for 15 minutes